At 80/20 Financial Services we believe in placing your best interests first. Therefore, we are proud to commit to the following five fiduciary principles:
1. We will always put your best interests first.
2. We will act with prudence; that is, with the skill, care, diligence, and good judgment of a professional.
3. We will not mislead you, and I will provide conspicuous, full and fair disclosure of all important facts.
4. We will avoid conflicts of interest.
5. We will fully disclose and fairly manage, in your favor, any unavoidable conflicts.
Registered investment advisers such as 80/20 Financial Services have a legal fiduciary duty to clients; broker-dealers just have to meet the less-stringent suitability standard, which doesn't require putting the client's interests ahead of their own.
Ask your prospective adviser if they are a fiduciary. And then ask them to put it in writing. If they won't contact us. We will put it in writing every time.